Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg

Default metal bowl turning question

In article ,
Greg wrote:

Dave said:

I saw on the DIY TV program today a demonstration of how to turn a metal
bowl out of aluminum. The program was "Woodturning Techniques".
I try to watch it every week. The guy is a real pro. Do any of you out there
know where I can purchase metal blanks for making these bowls? I believe
the blanks come in aluminum, pewter, and copper. Thanks for your help.

Sure, try here. They sell brass, pewter, and copper disks.

http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...ARCH&txtSearch
=metal%20spinning%20blank&Page=1

That's acually "spinning", not turning. Although I expect that
spinning is what Dave actually wanted. I doubt many wood laths could
machine a block of aluminum into a bowl. Spinning a sheet is, well, much
easier.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv