Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Solar water heating

wrote in message
oups.com...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message

The solar section is at the bottom
with the DHW top, CH middle and solar
bottom.

DHW is usually not as hot as CH, 65 versus anything upto 82, so an
unusual choice. Why choose to heat dhw to above its use temp, to extend
heat
capacity?

It is clear you don't understand the principle of heat banks.thermal
stores.
the DHW stored water is between 70-85C to instantly heat the incoming
water.

What is clear is you didnt fully describe
your proposed system.

I said thermal stopre and heat abnk. I can't get any clearer. If don't
understand the principle then....

Now we know which body of water
is in the tank. And we also know that this
approach makes solar collection less
efficient,

You keep saying that without knowing what a thermal store is. Again, is is
not less efficient is it more efficient and controls that prioritise the use
of solar gained heat are in place.

which is why I had initially guessed
you had the DHW in the tank, being drawn off at the
top for the taps. This would be more efficient.

Understand what I am describing. Draw it out and think it through.

No CH return to the solar section,
only the middle CH section.
Using a plate heat exchanger the
return from the DHW can be directly into
the bottom of the cylidner in the solar section.

return from DHW? whats that?
where does the plate exchanger
connect in your scheme (it has 4
connections)

It is clear you need to understand how they work. See
http://www.heatweb.com That gives good explanations.
No se sense in continuing until you understand,
you think about it and then form questions.

Either describe your setup or dont.

I did, re-read. Read again, draw it out and come back to clarify.