Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Braided Flexible Hoses used in Plumbing Systems

Merryterry wrote:
Just a word of warning for all you DIYers. Most of the Stainless
Braided Flexible Hoses obtainable today, and certainly the imported
Chinese ones, have been found to harbour bio-films and thus legionella
by the Water Advisory Regulation Service. The WRAS Approved ones have
been tested and do not support legionella. I must put my hands up and
admit I sell WRAS Approved hoses but I do not want anyone to get
Legionnaires Disease thro ignorance.

A hospital in the West Midlands and Student Accommodation in East
Anglia have had all the non WRAS approved Flexible Hoses removed due to
health risk.

This sounds absolute nonsense to me. If it's not can you supply
proper references for what you are saying please.

--
Chris Green