Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Alan

Default metal bowl turning question

Do you mean the shaped former that you press the metal around? If you
do mean the actual metal, wouldn't you simply start with a piece of
sheet metal of a suitable thickness and cut it to size. trim it up to
round when on teh lathe. You need to anneal the metal to soften it,
though I expect he covered this. If not, I'm sure you can turn up a
great number of sites on the web.
I remember making a bowl back in high school.
Safe turning,
Alan

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:45:33 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I saw on the DIY TV program today a demonstration of how to turn a metal
bowl out of aluminum. The program was "Woodturning Techniques".
I try to watch it every week. The guy is a real pro. Do any of you out there
know where I can purchase metal blanks for making these bowls? I believe
the blanks come in aluminum, pewter, and copper. Thanks for your help.