Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Why loft vents for boiler and immersion cylinders?

In article ,
Dave Baker Dave wrote:
Possibly but it was certainly ok for many years and the only change made
to the system in 19 years was a new pump which was fitted by a Corgi
plumber. Now it's possible this was fitted to pump in the opposite
direction from the original pump but I can't instantly see how this
would make a deal of difference anyway. I'm open to suggestions as how
it might. At present the vent is on the return side of the pump so if
anything I would think this would give the least chance of pumping over.

Is there a bypass fitted? Commonly just a link pipe between feed and
expansion with perhaps a gate valve in it?

--
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.