Bob Minchin

Default How to grind shsrp edges of glass?

wrote:

I'm about to make a foffee table from a sheet of glass. How does one
dull the sharp edges (without the use of expensive tools)? Oil stone,
perhaps?

Thanks

Frank

Your glazier is best equiped to do this. For a table top you should be
using 6mm minimum thickness and the glass should be tempered. I think
they use a leather wheel impregnated with diamond abrasive.
I'm sure an oilstone will take the edge of ok but it will be difficult to
get a presentable edge. Could you put it in a wooden frame?

Bob