Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

Default When the "heirloom piece" line is crossed.

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:40:29 +0000, Leon wrote:

"W Canaday" wrote in message
news
Actually, only time can accurately determine what is an heirloom and
what is dumpster fodder. But I like to think that pieces that are built
sturdily enough to withstand the ravages of much use or pieces so
attractive that others will desire to maintain them over time qualify
for the term when new. That is, if the piece was built with the
intention that it become an heirloom, then it may be referred to as one
when new.

Jes' my two cents worth ... all goods worth price charged.

Bill

So, :~) Because that newly built piece that you are talking about can be
called a heirloom before it actually qualifies as being an heirloom by
definition, it can equally as well be called an antique because it is
intended to become an antique.
Does that sound right? ;~)

I dunno ... I just get toitally different vibes off "heirloom quality"
than I do off "antique quality".

How about you?
Bill