IMM

Default Jablite sheet - stiffness

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:58:37 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Rather than accepting that the comprehensive experiment is an
unmitigated disaster and restoring a system of schools appropriate to
the students needs, the dogma is allowed to continue.

Man of the
moment, Alistair Campbell went to a comp.

That says it all.....

Exactly. But he did go a snotty uni though. I suppose there was something
that wasn't quite right, but we will forgive him. He made up it by
trouncing right wing idiot propaganda papers.

Grammar schools are all about
good old British petty snobbery.

Not in my experience.

What country have you been in all these years?

I suppose you
want the 11 plus back again.

Not in the form that it had when I did it.

But at 13, so a 13 plus. Some education authorities had 13 pluses and I
belive they were scrapped around 1965-65.

The comprehensive system is by far the best system by a mile. There are
some brilliant comps around. Grammar schools were all geared to non
technical subjects. One of the reasons we failed at industry.

---