Alan Moore

Default OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:52:32 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:37:33 GMT, Alan Moore
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:33:22 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

SO, OUR PRESIDENT LIED ABOUT WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
This might come in handy.....

Re-evaluating Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the
capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the
missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our
purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat
posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

snip

So tell us, Gunner, when did you suddenly come to believe Bill
Clinton?

Is there some reason you snipped the other several dozen quotes from
other prominent Democrats? Or are you simply trying a bait and
switch?

No, that was about as much of your article as I was patient enough to
read. Basically, Iraq, in February-March 2003, was about as well
prepared to produce weapons of mass destruction as the high school
down the street from me. They had the same sorts of facilities, and,
if more expertise, less actual resources.

I don't care what politician said what, or which branch of our only
major party they're involved with. The inspectors themselves, US and
foreign, the intelligence services of a hundred nations, including the
US were all in agreement: Iraq was no threat to anyone outside of
Iraq.

Al Moore