Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default To Programmable Thermostat users/owners: Need your help to fill out a questionnaire! =)

E wrote:
Hi all,

I realize that I should have talked about what my assignment is all
about.

I am from Washington State University, the class is Cpt S 443 about
Human-Computer Interaction. My instructor needs me to get at least 6
that

I can analyze the data and make up my own list of requirements of a
programmable thermostat.

Hope this will clear some of your questions if you have any doubts
about this questionnaire.

Remember, the requirements of a programmable thermostat for the user are NOT
THE SAME as those for a manufacturer. The manufacturer has only ONE
requirement: "What will make some sucker buy this thing?"

Why is it that no programmable theremostat is password protected? Why is it
that none have IP addresses so the programming can be done on a computer or
operated from a centralized location? See what I mean?

Ease over to the math department and ask a statistician the worth of a
survey where the respondents self-select. Point this out to your instructor.