Posted to alt.home.repair
nfalconer

Default toilet replacement question

I had my bathroom tiled. The guy was also nice enough to dispose of all my
old stuff including the toilet. What's left where the toilet once was is
the hole and a simple black flange that lips around the opening by about 1
inch. Its all black and i see no screws or bolts holding it in place. The
new flange I have is the same, but it has an additional metal ring
surrounding the lip where I can screw it down.

Was this old flange glued or am I not seeing the screws (it does have some
gunk around it, no wax though). Do I need to get in there and pry it out
with a screwdriver? I don't see how the original flange was keeping the
toilet in place, but maybe the worker removed a portion of it that I didn't
see.