Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Shopsmith lathe info

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:20:19 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Mac has the sanding plate on the Back End. That is the power takeoff end
for things like the joiner, planer, and bandsaw - which is why I commented
on it ripping along, as the PTO runs at about 10K. You are correct that you
can use the sanding plate on the front end and advance the quill.

hmm.. I might have described it wrong, then?

It's not on the lower shaft on back, but the top one that is the "other half" of
the main spindle... it turns the same speed as the other side..

Now that I think about it, maybe if I put the bealle buffer on the LOWER one..
*lol*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis