Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Eternal Squire

Default Miniature milling machine comparison shopping

Andrew,

I looked through your website. I also did surfed for the components
you suggested, but I could not find where the Sherline variable speed
spindle motor could be found. It also looks like I would have to do a
fair amount of disassembly and reassembly to change the TAIG spindle to
a Sherline spindle. And then, what would I do with all the spare
parts? I did find a Mini Mill R8 variable speed head instead.

d) MAXNC 22160 (4 axis closed-loop control system)
975
MAXNC 4th axis adaptor for closed loop system
495
TAIG 2019 CR/ER
1055
Mini Mill r8 variable speed head
250

Would you be willing to walk me through creating a hybrid mill, or even
to build one for me from parts you may have on hand? Failing that, I
would likely go for Plan b

The Eternal Squire