Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Gunner

Default IDEALARC 300/300

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:56:15 GMT, "knowone"
wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Harold.

This one has the water cooled torch and regulator. I don't know if it has
the water-cooler, etc. At this point, I don't know anything else as far as
how it is equipped.

I don't know how to tig but I really want to learn to weld alum and ss.

I don't know what the person is asking. What do you think would be a fair
price?

k.

I recently fire saled my 250/250, with Lincoln Magnum cooler, and W-10
torch for $900

The moment I put it on Craigslist..I had 23 folks wanting it and one
wanting to know if it was a typo. Three wanted it shipped out of
California...and one serious inquirey about shipping it to the UK (non
member here)

It was first come first serve..and the buyer lived 275 miles from me
and was here the next weekend, cash in hand.

Gunner

"knowone" wrote in message
.net...
I would like to have a tig machine.

Does anyone have any comments on the Idealarc 300/300? What about a
price
for a used one that is ten years old?

Thanks much

I've owned one since the mid 80's, the "new" design. Bought it new.
I'm not an accomplished weldor, so it's hard to judge the machine from the
position of a skilled person, but I can't complain about mine in any way.
I'd buy it again under like circumstances, in other words. Value?
Dunno.
I guess it depends on condition. How's it equipped? How much they
asking?

Harold

- Proverbs 22:3