Posted to uk.d-i-y
al

Default gap under skirting ?

"Lobster" wrote in message
In2Minds wrote:
what size gap should I leave between the skirting and floor in a
bathroom, or any other room for that matter ?

I was thinking ~3mm to allow for carpet/vinyl to be tucked under ?

Should definitely not be tucked under at all; basically the skirting sits
on the floorboards. Although, may be a good idea to set it just a gnat's
off the floor, so that floorboards can be lifted later if need be, and
they aren't jammed in place at the ends.

I put my skirts down after the vinyl, laid flat on top of it. Can't get a
better edge than that! Removed problem