Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

Default Home Information Packs good or bad?

On 4 Mar 2006 07:44:32 -0800 wrote :
how is having to find another grand when youre so broke you have to
sell going to reduce stress?? While I dont want to state the damn
obvious, but it seems its needed he are people in financial
trouble now going to unable to sell legally? Raising another thousand
pre-sale is out of the question for many in such a situation.

At least one of the firms that will be offering HIPs has said that they
will provide 6 months (or time taken to sell if shorter) interest free
credit. If you need the money quickly the discipline of having to get
all the docs together before you market the property is not going to do
you any harm and should help ensure a quick sale once an offer is
accepted and made.

Personally I think the concept a good one at the lower end of the
market where most buyers currently don't get any survey and just rely
on the BS valuation.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]