Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony

Default suggestions on water filter housing

I'll try replacing the o-ring as that one that's on there is about 2-3
years old (I'm guessing). Also, since we used to have a galvanized
pressure tank I'd have to change the filter cartridge at least once a
month because of all the rust in the water from oxidation in the tank so
there was constant loosing and tightening of the filter housing (and I
always did only hand tighten the housing upon re-installing). Is there a
general rule of thumb as to when to replace those o-rings?

Thanks
Tony