Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Norm

Josh wrote:
The thing I don't like is when he does stuff with equipment that the
majority of use will never have. I don't think there are too many
people here who have a molding cutter with custom laser-cut knives for
each project.

Many of us have shapers and router tables. Custom profiles aren't that
out of this world, but you could always substitute stock profiles.

And how about his $800 pocket-hole machine?

Which works exactly like the $50 pocket hole jigs, only faster.

That being said, he's still pretty damned good, and he was making nice
stuff long before he got all these nice gizmos and gadgets.

I agree, and you'd be shocked how many people buy the big ticket tools.

Barry