Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Default Stocking up for emergencies

The Real Bev wrote:

nina wrote:

Don K wrote:
"CJ" wrote:

Commends and suggestions are appreciated. FYI, I'm only aiming for a
week or two supply. I figure if things aren't back in shape after that
much time, we're all screwed anyway....

There was some discussion on Meet the Press about bird flu, and
that if there ever was a pandemic outbreak in your area, it would be
a good idea to be able to just stay home for 3 or 4 weeks and avoid
exposure until it blows over.

Presumably in that situation, there may still be services operating
such as water, power, etc. and many things may still be functioning,
but you would be better off if you had enough supplies and didn't have
to leave your house.

In such a situation, I wouldn't worry about being bored with what
I had to eat.

The problem is that people, especially children, when bored with the
same food begin to find it so unappetizing that they cannot choke down
yet another bite of it. You do need a certain amount of variety in food.

Nobody is going to starve to death in 4 weeks. If you get hungry you'll eat
boring food. If you're hungry enough you'll even eat disgusting food. I
don't want to think about what comes after that...

Small lawyers?