Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Solar water heating

"ashnook" wrote in message

I am looking at building a solar water heating system for domestic hot
water. I have 'Googled' and found quite a few good sites for DIY panels,
does anyone in this group have any good links to panel construction and
control systems?

Also has anyone (silly question!) done it and was it worth it.

I can but a system for about 2.5K but I would like to try to do some or
all of it myself.

brian, look at http://www.cat.org.uk They supply kits and all the books
too. If fitting a solar panel or two. Look at http://www.navitron.org.uk/

If fitting a solar system use a thermal store/heat bank, not a preheat
cyldiner. Heat is input into the store via solar panels and boiler, etc.
Heat is output into the DHW and CH. All in one cylidner. If you go this
route, I will give you setup for the contol system to prioritise the solar
heated hot water in the lower sectron of the store, and keep the burner off
as long as poosible to heat the upper boioer heated section.

Further info on solar thermal sto
http://www.heatweb.com/solar/solar.html