Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Gary Heston

Default Stocking up for emergencies

In article . com,
CanopyCo wrote:
[ ... ]
Bread is going to be a problem, considering that most like fresh bread.
You can store bread in the freezer if you want, or learn to bake it.
A bread maker is great for that.

There are hand-cranked breadmakers?

A supply of flour and cornmeal, yeast, and baking soda kept in a freezer
or in very well sealed containers might be a better idea. If you have
power for a breadmaker, you'll have it for refrigeration.

Laying in a supply of crackers would be a good idea. As long as the
inner bag isn't opened, they'll keep for a long time.

Gary

--
Gary Heston I don't need an iPod, I have an IQ.

A worthwhile endeavour:
http://www.thebrestcancersite.com/cg...jects/CTDSites