Loren Coe

Default Disaster

In article , Nick Hull wrote:
In article ,
Gunner wrote:

In a larger disaster, I would find loud gas generators something
of an advertisement that you might not want to make. A small steam
plant would quietly let you continue without irking neighbors. That
might sound minor, but believe me, it?s not. In our typical housing
development, those who ran gas generators got shunned.

A disaster usually makes lots of scrap wood availiable to run a steam
boiler, but it's often too wet or green to use.

even w/the steam unit, i would have a gas model on hand as well.

You don't have to have a noisy generator, you can get a Honda that is
quiet enough to have a conversation alongside. The cheap generators are
VERY noisy.

yes, _if_ being 'shunned' makes you a target, by all means get a
600w Honda, put it on rigid foam in the bathtub with the window open.
put the gas can in there, too. well, you might wait until there
is actually a _storm_. grin --Loren