Posted to alt.home.repair
LurfysMa

Default Rusted water lines?

On 3 Mar 2006 09:05:28 -0800, wrote:

How often do you use hot water.....

My mother started complaining about this about two years ago.
Basically, everyone has moved out of the house, she lives alone and she
has gotten to the point where the only faucets she uses on a regular
basis are the kitchen and the toilet.

They run clear. Use anything else, such as the bathtub, etc., you have
to wait 20-50 seconds for the line to clear.

The only neighbor with a problem is another little old lady down the
street.

Mom keeps complaining, I just nod and agree.

And, yes, she has a three year-old water heater.

You may be on to something. The faucets that we use regularly, even
the hot water faucets, don't show the rust. It's just 2-3 that hardly
ever get used.

So, that suggests it's not the water heater, since we only have one.
Does that mean iron pipes someplace?

We don't get it at all in the upstairs faucets. The second floor was
added in 1988 or so.

--
For email, use