Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
wayne mak

Default IDEALARC 300/300

I might just be a simple person here BUT I just use a 5 gallon bucket, a
sump pump and my torch to weld, if I weld hard it will warm the water nice
but for the most part it's fine.
"knowone" wrote in message
k.net...
And, thanks for your input, too, Ig.

Nope, tried calling mfg. and it was a 'cluster'.

"Ignoramus16172" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:13:03 GMT, knowone wrote:
Ok Don, Jon, Pete, Steve, Wayne, Harold and everyone else who helped me
with
their input.

I'm sure I will post more after I see and/or buy the Esab. I find it
strange that I can't find information on the model number of it:
DTA-250UM
even through google. I need a picture and specs. and so far, no cigar.

Call the manufacturer, you will have your answer is 5 minutes.

k.o.

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 00:05:17 GMT, "knowone"
wrote:

Jon,

If it is a.c., does this sound like a good deal in spite of the fact
(verified) that one cannot get parts for it any longer?

I don't like going from a potential of 300 amps to 250 amps but I want
tig
machine!

That's a good price for a machine with a water cooler. The water
cooled torches aren't expensive, but the coolers are.

If you really need 300 amps you can trade up later. You can TIG a
lot of aluminum at 250 amps and less.