Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O

Default Handling 150 lbs devices -- my plan

"rigger" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sounds like a good setup Iggy. I guess my experiences rigging and
insistance on the safety of my crews made me overreact to Steve's
offhand comments.

I have a chain host on rails, mounted to the ceiling in my garage. I covers
a 8' x 15' area. BUT, the unusual part is the gent that built the garage put
floor trusses in the middle of the garage where I ended up mounting the
hoist. Each rail is bolted up through two adjacent trusses, to the top run,
where the load belongs. I have lifted over 2000 lbs. with this set up! Would
I recommend it for someone else? No way! Would I do it again? Yes sir!

A little common sense goes along way. The trouble with the internet, and
newsgroups, is you have no clue if the fellow asking the question has any
common sense!
Greg