Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Toilet leaking from bottom (at base)

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:34:18 -0500, User wrote:

Hi all..

I've got a leaky toilet in the guest bathroom, that's leaking from the
base. It doesn't seem to be any of the valves at the back, they are all
dry. But I suspect it may be the wax ring (That may not have been the
right shape when put in, or may have cracked due to the movement of the
toilet)

Do you have any other suggestions ?

Since the horn of the toilet dumps directly into the pipe,
even leaving the wax ring off completely shouldn't
result in leaking water. You have another problem
(probably a partial clog) *AND* a failed wax ring.