Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default can you weld a pinhole in a water tank? - FOLLOWUP

wrote:
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:26:33 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Happily, the company (Amtrol) realized that there was no way this tank should be
failing, and is replacing the $1200 tank under warranty. I'm off to pick it up
now. This is an extremely positive development. When I get the old one out I'll
cut it open and report on a post mortem.

Did Amtrol acknowledge other similar failures with that specific tank?
You'd think they'd like to disect it to pinpoint (no pun intended) why
it failed.

Snarl

I didn't talk to Amtrol, our heating contractor did, so I can't answer that
question.

GWE