Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/Publications/1152x864.gif

shows that my Creative Labs Graphic Blaster RIVA 128ZX has accepted a
new definition of the rarely used NeXT mode 1152x864. This was done
with Power Strip.

My redefinition is:

Direction H V Pixel
Rate 60 Hz 69 KHz 69.315 MHz
Pixels 1152 864
Front Porch 0 pixels 0 lines
Sync 8 pixels 2 lines
Back Porch 0 pixels 0 lines

and these are all minimums for the front and back porch, but the sync
vertical must, of course, be a multiple of 2, while the sync horizontal
is the minimum. So this mode doesn't pad by two in available hardware
and it does look like James Waldby was right about my factoring. That's
a lot of pixels for about a 70 MHz pixel clock, but the zoomability is
key, not the lack of retrace.

No conventional analog CRT can display this mode, but I intend to build
or configure one to do exactly that. I will need a stereo audio amp,
two signal generators with trigger or phase lock, and either my Tek
scope or a monitor I can pull apart, at the minimum.

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Falls Church, VA 22044-0394