Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Brick stain removal

You might look at the technical reports at www.bia.org.

"Roland Deschain" wrote in message
news
Hello group,

I recently moved into a new construction home, and have an issue with
dirt-stained bricks. During the building process, when it rained (no
grass at that time), the rain splashed up the dirt onto the bricks. The
result is a band of reddish dirt stain about 18-24" high from the
grassline going up the exterior bricks.

I've been told (by the contractor) that there really isn't much that can
be done to remove the stain, without damaging the bricks themselves. He
said that the sun would eventually "bleach" the stain out, which I
am somewhat skeptical of. Spraying down with a regular hose had no
effect. I've been told to NOT attempt using a pressure washer on it.

Any ideas on a cleaning agent or method to remove this rather unsightly
reddish clay/dirt stain from the bricks? Thanks very much for advice.