Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

Default Lennox furnace filter

"Skip" wrote in message
om...
I have a Lennox Furnace. The filter is a huge basket like thing with
fiberglass in it. It is supposedly washable. But it's so big I can't put
it in the sink. I take it outside and wash it with the hose. Obvoiusly I
can't do that in the winter. Besides that the fiberglass keeps coming off.
I've replaced the fiberglass but it's a pain in the butt.

Anybody know of any way to modify it so I can use throw away filters?
I've asked a couple furnace guys and their response is usually they'll fix
is for a couple thousand dollars and throw in a new furnace.

If you have the old "hammock style" filter, you probably DO need a new
furnace. I don't think they have made those for 35 years.

Try replacing your return grill with a filter grill. That way you can do
away with the old system and use disposable ones...