Posted to rec.woodworking
No

Default recommend router table

"Tim" wrote in message
Hi All,

I need a good router table that will stand up to light-2-moderate useage.
I'm really don't want to go over $200-250 if I can possibly help it.

What brand/model would you folks recommend?

Tim

I too contemplated this. Some will say just build one, some will tell you to
get the freud, russso, rockler or whatever. At that price range I think you
could possibly be best served by a mixed approach. Build your own but get a
nice lift or at least plate. And buy the fence. I spent about $30 on a
plate, $90 on a fence and who knows how much on hardware and melamine for
the top. The table is built into my table saw. Has a switch on the side,
remote from the router, and dust collection below and in the fence. All told
I'm probably out $200 to $250 and I have a pretty decent setup. What I would
really like is a lift so I can adjust from up top w/o having to lift the
router out of the table but oh well. Check Rockler for parts, I got my
Russou (spelling?) plate and fence at woodcraft (I'm sure I over paid).