Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.fitness.weights
RoyJ

Default Handling 150 lbs devices -- my plan

I wouldn't do it that way unless you have some way to SOLIDLY anchor the
board on both ends. Even then, there seems to be at least one spot where
you do not have full control of the thing. (the 10" drop") And what
happens when the screws or sharp edges on the bottome snag on the board?
Does it tumble? High center of gravity?

Ignoramus23984 wrote:
OK... I think that I have the answer... I have a 8x4 wooden
board/member. If I place one end of it in the middle of my tailgate,
and the other on the ground, it becomes a relatively secure slide for
those 152 lbs devices. There is about 10-12" drop from the end of the
tailgate to the board, but, I think, I should be able to handle that
easily. Lowering that thing to the ground is what is troublesome.

The device is similar to this: