Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default Garage/Workshop construction

Andy Hall wrote:

Fixing things involves plugs each time unless you do something like
I've done in the past. That is to fit Spur shelving rails at
intervals along the wall for most of the height of the wall. You can
then easily put shelves in and move as needed.

Not quite sure what you mean. What do they look like?

Near the top of the
wall you can install a French cleat. This is basically a piece of
timber - e.g. about 70x35mm with a sloping edge at the top. It slopes
back towards the wall. You fit similar pieces the other way round to
the backs of cupboards, boards to hang tools on and so on. A spacer
piece of similar depth is attached to the bottom of the cupboard/board
The items can then be moved around as needed.

Now that's a really good idea!

DOOR

I'm gravitating towards sectional doors at present as being a better
compromise between functionality and aesthetics.

I'm not quite sure what is meant by the term 'sectional' in this context.
How do they fold, or whatever, and where do they go to when open?

ROOF

Yes. I already had a pitched and trussed roof - felted and battened
same as a house. The storage space is very useful. I fitted 50mm
Celotex across the tops of the rafters leaving the depth of them to
provide ventilation.

That seems like the way to go. Many thanks.
--
Cheers,
Roger