Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default Garage/Workshop construction

John Rumm wrote:

Ian White wrote:

I have the same problem coming up here, and am finding it hard to
decide between:

1. Shelling out for new PVC DG units... but it's only a wooden
workshop, so that option could easily go OTT in terms of cost. Where
*is* the absolute cheapest end of the market in new windows, anyway?

2. Trawling the local DG suppliers for mis-measured units they want
to get rid of. Not much luck there, so far - all the ones available
locally are proportioned for houses, and would look daft in a low,
single-storey workshop.

3. Using new or reclaimed sealed glazing units in wooden frames...
storing up repair/replacement work for later?

Option 4 (which worked for me) visit local reclamation yard and pick
up a complete DG window with frame for 20 quid.

The builder that I'm likely to use sometimes has second-hand windows which
he has removed from other jobs when doing extensions etc., so that is
another possibility.
--
Cheers,
Roger