Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default Paper shredder-recomendation

Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Blair wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:54:39 -0000, "Blair"
wrote:

Any recommendations for purchase of a paper shredder and which to avoid
Blair

For something worthwhile in terms of security, a crosscut is
necessary.

The strip ones are worthless.
.andy

Thanks for your help.
I decided to buy a crosscut and bought one for £15 from Tesco. As I am only
a small user this model suits me fine. Operation is slick.
Thanks again to all who contributed.

One more piece of advice. Don't shred things immediately you think
you've finished with them, because sod's law says you'll want to refer
to one of them a little while later. I toss them into a plastic crate,
and when the crate is nearly full I shred the lower half.

Ah yes, and make sure that there is not an important piece of paper
sandwich in the rubbish, sighs, he speaks from sad experience!