Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Garage/Workshop construction

Ian White wrote:

I have the same problem coming up here, and am finding it hard to decide
between:

1. Shelling out for new PVC DG units... but it's only a wooden workshop,
so that option could easily go OTT in terms of cost. Where *is* the
absolute cheapest end of the market in new windows, anyway?

2. Trawling the local DG suppliers for mis-measured units they want to
get rid of. Not much luck there, so far - all the ones available locally
are proportioned for houses, and would look daft in a low, single-storey
workshop.

3. Using new or reclaimed sealed glazing units in wooden frames...
storing up repair/replacement work for later?

Option 4 (which worked for me) visit local reclamation yard and pick up
a complete DG window with frame for 20 quid.

--
Cheers,

John.