Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Builders/Timber Merchants and T'Internet ..

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:08:08 +0000, Grunff wrote:

|Steve Peake wrote:
|
| Not so. Even small firms would be using a small stock control/financial
| system. Plugging this through into a simple stock check search website
| would be a 2-3 day job, and would often be available anyway as part of the
| package they use.
|
| (I used to look after the same systems for some small firms, including some
| timber merchants)
|
|Erm, ok, I'm not going to argue about it, but this is what I do for a
|living, and for most small merchants delivering to a small region it
|would never pay for itself.

It is also interesting to note that large timber merchants also appear to
be regional. When Dahn Sarf I am amazed by the number of Jewsons outlets,
which we do not have.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are