Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

Default 12VDC - Have I blown my KIT?!

The power supply you connected, probably did not match to the required
specifications. You will have to send the unit back for service, unless you
are proficient to do the service work on it.

--

Jerry G.
======

wrote in message
oups.com...
HELP !

I have a piece of audio equipment (M-Audio 410 firewire audio
interface) that
requires 12V DC (1000mA) I bought it in the states with a US adapter
and step down convertor (240-110). Everything was working fine until I
thought I should go out
and buy a UK voltage adapter to replace the cumbersome setup of AC
adapter - step down transformer - US/UK plug.

I bought a '1000mA Variable Voltage AC/AC Adapter' with a 12V setting.
After plugging it in, the lights came on and then went out on the
device, andthen nothing! Is it because I bought an AC/AC adapter and
not AC/DC adapter?? Could this cause the kit to stop working?? Its
gonna be such a pain to try and return this to the store I bought it
from in the US (Im in London), any help would be seriously appreciated.

Regards,
Nick.