Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Jon Elson

Default IDEALARC 300/300

knowone wrote:
No, what I said was that I have been soldering all my life and I hope that I
can learn tig easier because of it. I never thought tig welding would be
easier than soldering.

Hmm, I really don't think so. the way the whole process is
done, it is not really similar. I think stick welding may
be a lot closer to the TIG scheme than soldering or brazing,
because you ARE dealing with melting the parent metal.

I am a VERY expert solderer, and do everything from water pipe
to 0.5 mm pitch surface mount chips by hand, and I don't think there
are a lot of parallels in the technique.

I wonder if there is an another medium besides Ebay for used
equipment/welders, that has a lot of volume.

I don't know of any other good auction or sales sites. Judging
from what goes on with machine tools, the commercial brokers
are very expensive.

Jon