Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default preparing an offer on house that has easement for septic tank in neighbors yard

On 02 Mar 2006 12:10:29 -0600, someone wrote:

Very cool. Glad it worked out and you avoided getting stuck with that
**** *snicker*

Yeah really. I have said before that the mere fact of a septic on an
adjacent lot is not unheard of and can be legitimate. Here, the BIG
problem was not so much an adjacent lot being invlved, but that there
WAS NO SEPTIC system, just dumping in the creek. (I have seen that
also.)

If there was a good septic system and a properly worded easement, that
alone is not necessarily a deal breaker. Under THAT situation, an
offer requiring the Seller to put in a new system would likely be
viewed as unreasonable (since there would be a properly functioning
system) and maybe even impossible, or else why was it put over on the
neighboring lot anyway....

Here, the Seller is just full of (sh)it.