Posted to misc.consumers.house
Phil Munro

Default Bathroom fan - how long to leave on? - Timer switch

Tomes wrote:

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
m...

Tomes wrote:

I close my door and run the fan for about 3-5 minutes (the
time it takes me to dress) and all is fine. I don't walk away from it
because I will forget....

I used to have that problem until I installed timers in my bathrooms. Now
I just set the fans to run 10-15 minutes and walk away. The timers took
the places of the original on-off switches.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Oh yeah? I like this thought. How much did they cost if you remember?

My trouble here would be that I already have a triple switch here
(light/fan/heater) in only one regular sized box (3 horizontal rocker
switches), and I hesitate to believe I would have room for this....
Tomes

If you have a regular sized switch box, you will need to replace it
with a double size box. The mechanical timers require a single position
since they are about the size of a standard toggle switch.
See, for example: http://www.smarthome.com/4267w30.html
These Intermatic spring timers are very nice and long lasting.
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555