Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

Default helping others

"Toller" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
news:LplNf.587057$084.517122@attbi_s22...
"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
I know this is not pertaining to home repair, but it moved me when I
read it so I thought I'd share it with you all.

Sounds like a scam to me.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/denver.asp

The article may have been a scam if it is true. I look at it this way.
If I were to do something charitable for a person in distress and they
were ripping me off, I feel that I will still be rewarded for my good
deed in some way. The person that cheated will get their punishment for
dishonest deeds sooner or later. In other words what comes around goes
around.

How old are you?!?!
You do good things because it is right; not because you will be rewarded.
If you have to be paid for "charity" by rewards, you a just a whore. And
that is nothing to be proud of.

Wise up!!
I don't expect a reward from anyone here on earth. The Good Lord will give
me my reward when he calls me home.