Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Nicholas Anthony

Default Bill Maher

"Guido" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:15:11 -0500, "Nicholas Anthony"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:43:04 -0500, "Nicholas Anthony"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:47:29 -0500, "Nicholas Anthony"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message
news:8ht602556h12t243cjis96cs2gfgrktqkr@4ax. com...

Totally ****ed up says Paul Breman.

There were no plans of what to do afterwards, a vacuum was allowed
develop and that has been filled by bombs. Iran has restarted its
nuclear programme, and Hamas is elected in Palestine.

Look at the whole dam picture and you tell me what had to be done.
Diplomatic talks failed, embargos failed and were killing millions of
people
and needed to end, but before that could happen Saddam who vowed to
use
WMD
against us and our allies had to be removed. We tried the CIA, we
tried
opposition groups inside of Iraq, the only thing left was to go invade
Iraq
and remove him. Yes it was very difficult to do and would face
problems.
We
knew no matter what we would have a mess. You never can tell what will
happen and people who look at things hindsight which is the vast
majority
of
critics in this case are real low scum.

What hindsight? Most of the world could and did foretell what would
happen. The State Department said what would happen, but a group of
****wads like Cheney, Rumsfeldt, and Wolfowitz thought they knew
better, and the guy in charge is away with the faeries.
http://photobucket.com/albums/a181/s...pad/1143pe.jpg

Rush, rush, rush, gotta do it now, gotta do it now, rush, rush, rush,
do it on the cheap, yeah combat troops can secure the peace, do it on
the cheap.

They knew there'd be problems you say, but didn't bother with having
enough trained personel to provide security. Bremer says they were
some 30-50,000 light. Making it up day by day as they went along,
winging it on a national scale.

Kerching, kerching, kerching!
http://nationalpriorities.org/index....per&Itemid=182

And now all ****ed up and no way out.

Everyone wanted this war before it happened. Clinton wanted it, Kerry
wanted
it, in fact I think there was only one person who voted against the war
at
the time, henceforth hindsight you have all these people protesting it.

Excuse me but hardly anyone wanted it. The French NON, the German's
NIEN, the Russians NEIT, the Chinese NO (can't do Mandarin), all
around the world NO, NO, NO. So just where do you get the idea that
everyone wanted it?

If I said everyone and mentioned Americans that must mean I am talking
about
our government and country.

What's with this 'our' ?

Do a Google search to look it up.

Another keyword was vote and how only one
apposed and you mention foreign countries.

What foreign countries?

There are over 30 foreign countries assisting us from troops to intel.
Nearly the whole Mid East is in support. But back to topic in the US only
one person voted against the war based on the same intel we had at the time.

However I will expand to say all
the countries in that area also wanted Saddam removed they even opened up
new bases to allow us to overthrow him! Actions speak louder then words.
The
countries you mentioned are well documented in the black market for oil.

Russia is the largest oil producer and has more oil than it knows what
to do with. The Chinese are the 6th largest producer and prepared to
pay well for any oil import deals they enter into. BTW US companies
were the major players in blackmarket Iraqi oil.

Care to link a site to this claim? Russia is the largest oil producer?
ROFLMAO!!! BTW the US wasnt a major player in comparision to other nations.
Many were involved in this and yes some US corporations were too however
Major players is some US businesses in comparison to Govt's of foreign
nations involved.

All the WMD were leaking into Syria give them more time gees. They gave
them
enough time to review all the material we presented in our case and remove
it! All the spy photos documenting the WMD were mysteriously gone by the
time we got in, no coincidence.

So Iraq is about to be attacked and is government overthown because it
has WMDs, and the Iraqi master plan was to move the WMDs to a country
that Iraq has been at odds with for decades Syria.

YES! If you remember the Iran Iraq war ended in 88 and just three years
later in 91 when Kuwait was being liberated Iraq flew its Airforce into Iran
for safekeeping! You seem to forget the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Do you know how to
tie your shoelaces?

Was that a childish insult? Sort of like your mama? How primitive of you to
stoop to this level. Ok well your mama is so ugly she looked out the window
and got arrested for mooning.

BTW if there was all this wonderful spy photos why not give directions
to the UN inspectors so that they could intercept them? Oops they did,
sent the UN inspectors scurrying from one site to another on positive
intel that there were WMDs except it all turned out to be a crock of
****.

False. If you remember Iraq wasnt complying ven Hans said this not allowing
them to inspect certain locations, giving them the run around.
THE SECURITY COUNCIL, 27 JANUARY 2003: AN UPDATE ON INSPECTION Executive
Chairman of UNMOVIC, Dr. Hans Blix http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/Bx27.htm

Plenty to read here. Also in '02 we knew:
Information provided by Member States tells us about the movement and
concealment of missiles and chemical weapons and mobile units for biological
weapons production. We shall certainly follow up any credible leads given
to us and report what we might find as well as any denial of access.

They
all had the same information the President had at the time and also
whatever
they chose to believe.

They weren't the people doing the planning, nor were they deciding
the make up the forces, nor were they directing what happened after
the fall of Saddam.

No and why would they be one and the same? If that was the case war hawks
would get away with murder literally that is why civilians elected vote
for
war and the Military does their job.

How did you get here from what preceded? What role did Clinton and
Kerry have in deciding the make up of US forces in Iraq? What role did
they play in deciding policy after the fall of Saddam?

Clinton wanted to invade Iraq on numerous occassions and did on Dec 98 just
didnt do much with no resolve. All the intel handed over from Clinton admin
insisted we invade Iraq to the newer administration. Kerry voted for the
war. No senator decides on strategy why are you even asking such silly
questions?

Most commentators said that occupying Iraq would be a difficult
undertaking and that there was likely to be resistence from large part
of the population.

I agree as would be the case no matter what country or circumstances you
face that outcome. With many different types of people living in Iraq
Sunni,
Shiite, Kurds, hostile neighbors they expected an implosion which was the
reason the first time around we didnt invade back in 1991.

Good call eh? So what changed to make one think that an implosion was
a good thing?

It was never a good thing but we had no alternatives all other means had
been exhausted and embargos were hurting the people of that country to much.

You still never touched on the fact of embargos
killing millions of people and continuing at that pace millions more.
Just
decorate your point with silly cartoons after the fact cause you cant
with
websites prior to the invasion that was against the war.

Have you taken leave of your senses?

What was done in Iraq was to blast the place up, destroy the
infrastructure, close down the government systems, leave 1000s without
jobs, shoot up people on sight, in the first few months the Iraqi
police were mostly killed by US friendly fire. Then sit back whilst
the chaos brewed for 6 months or so.

The warnings were unheeded and the ****up we see today is the result.

There was no right way to do it and the bottomline is nobody had a better
idea in the first place yet they (US Govt) all said we needed to invade
Iraq
at least admit that no matter what party line. The embargos killed so many
more people this was a more humane thing whether you see it that way or
not.
Saddam was doing the same to his people, look at all the mass graves
popping
up!

Except that at the time there was a country welcoming troops in glad
that Saddam was overthown. Botched planning of what to do afterwards
(there was no plan), inability to provide either security or
infrastructure, and heavy handed treatment of the locals have ****ed
up the place.

To be honest no plan is perfect. I am sure hoping that the existing govt at
the time would stay in tact to help in the aftermath and be a part of the
new regime was expected and unfortunately not the case. They all walked
away. All I can add is I bet far less have died now then with the embargos.
Also now there is more of a hope for better a country for their people too.