Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gully Foyle

Default Compulsory water metering

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:10:03 -0000, "Adam" wrote:

What I don't understand is why this is a news story at all in 2006. My water
company, Thames Water, installed a water meter at my house about 8 years
ago. I had no choice in this, which in my view means that compulsory water
metering is not exactly new.

I had one of those letters telling me I had to have a water meter with
an appointment for its fitting. I told them to stick their meter where
the sun don't shine and I never heard another peep.

(OK, I wasn't that coarse really. I politely delined their kind offer)

--

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.