Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Water Temperatures

dnoyeB wrote:
wrote:
This varies depending on the specific model. I have a Sears that
actually senses the temperature and adjusts the flow. You can hear it
turning the hot water on and off as it's filling and adjusting. All
my previous ones just used cold, half/half, hot.

Mine does both, depending on where you set it. However, I am always
baffled at how the 'automatic' Cold/Cold setting can be doing any hot
and cold water mixing, but it does!?!

It mixes when set to cold because there is an expected temp range for
cold water. You want the water cold enough to protect the clothes, but
warm enough to wash well. My incoming water can be 45 in winter, so I
guess the desired temp for cold is above that.

BTW, mine also has a setting for either auto temp or regular.

--
Thank you,