Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Shop dog LOVES oak!

"Searcher" wrote in message
news:03sNf.2622$SJ2.1390@trndny01...

My yellow just loves to chew on oak, only oak and nothing else! I have
aquired an old desk, well half the desk anyway, I figures I could take it
apart and salvage whats left for use in other projects. While I was
cutting away the good stuff I notice her starting to chew on one of the
"bad" pieces that I tossed on the floor. I took it away from her and threw
the bone to her. I picked up the scraps and tossed them into the burn
bucket. She seemed to be satisfied for awhile but I left to go into the
house for a drink, when I came back out she had the tail tween the legs
and looking for some love. I knew something was wrong so I looked and sure
enough she had two pieces of scrap on her bed. I thought about it for a
moment then figured OK this is the old stuff and she never chews anything
good at least not in the 8 months shes been alive. So, I am wondering is
this a start of a bad habit or does she just like the taste of the old
oak? I tried to give her a piece of pine that I had laying around, boy she
turned her nose to that like it were canned food! So, in the immortal
words of good OLE BARNEY, do I "nip it in the bud"? Or do I let it go
andmake sure I stack the "good stuff" up on high?

Searcher

Nip it, Nip it, Nip it!