Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Mill reccomendations for a robotics team?

In article . com,
says...

We plan on having a mill, 3 axis DRO, milling vice, clamp set with
t-nuts and studs, rotary table, boring head, indicators and
edgefinders, end mills, full tap die and drill sets, mill vice parallel
bars, a nice keyless chuck, center drills, calipers and mics, carbide
insert face cutter, some reamers, and I am probably forgetting
something. Anything else we might want to get?

Has not been touched on yet, but do you have access to a lathe?

Currently my main concern is getting a DRO without selling an arm and a
leg. Would anyone have suggestions on DROs and where to get them?

If you are not interested in sub-tenths accuracy you could consider
a DRO from Shooting Star Technologies.

I think that Robin's given some pretty good comments here.

Jim

please reply to: