Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Faulkner

Default Plumbers that meet appointment time....

In message , Gavin
writes
must be a rare as rocking horse sh*t! So far, out of 6 appointments
using different plumbers, only two have managed to turn up at the
appointed time. The other four simply didn't show, not even a courtesy
phone call, one of these was even British Gas! It's not as if it's a
small job; I want my boiler/cylinder/pumps and valves replacing, so a
fair sized chunk of work. What is it with the service industry, how do
they get away with it? If our company followed the same working
practice we would be out of business before we know it.

Any views?

If you can get a tradesman to turn up within a week of an appointment,
you are doing well!

--
Richard Faulkner