Loren Coe

Default OT, sorta - Eyeglass frames, what alloy?

In article , Tom Quackenbush wrote:
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:11:48 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Tom Quackenbush wrote:

I just picked up my new eyeglasses (quoting Errol, "WooHoo!!!" - I
can see again). The frames are a from a model line called "Flexon, by
Marchon".

If you are rough on frames, as I am, the Flexons are
a very good deal.

i have a pair of "Mario" black frames that have lasted over 5yrs now, the
lenses are all scratched up but i hate to change. these are made in Japan
and the black finish is like new. the rubber ear things are gone but the
temples are flexible enough that i they are still just a comfortable w/o.

--Loren

Previously, a frame would last me about a year. I'd
get frequent headaches from the frame being bent.

I have 2 sets of glasses with Flexon frames. One is
about 7 years old and the other 2. The 7 year old
frame has most of the finish rubbed off, but is still
in good mechanical shape.

Thanks, Jim.

That makes me feel better about my impulse purchase (I usually
don't do that, but glasses that you can crush in your fist - how could
anyone resist that?).

R,
Tom Q.