Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Ping Leon.

"robo hippy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Softer than carbide blades? I wonder if it is what my bandsaw guy calls
bi-metal. It is a lot harder than carbon steel, and can be resharpened.
As for rounding the back of the blades, when I asked him, he looked
horrified, and said no, not under any circumstances, it would void the
guarentee.
robo hippy

Ok here is the deal, taken from the Laguna site

This Resaw King bandsaw blade cuts so smoothly that it greatly reduces
sanding time and saves material. We weld small pieces of tough C-8 steel
onto high quality bands. Then with diamond grinders, we shape thin-kerf
teeth. Innovated into the design of the Resaw king blade is small raised
notch at "polishes" the wood and adds an anti-kickback feature to the
performance. This patent-pending design innovation limits the cutting depth
of the teeth and produces a smooth finish.